The 70th Annual Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener will be held in the Greater St. Cloud area and includes the communities of St. Cloud, Sartell and Sauk Rapids.
The Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener has been a tradition in Minnesota since 1948. It was designed to improve Minnesota’s economy through the development and promotion of the state’s recreational opportunities, especially fishing. The first opener was a cooperative promotion between the state’s resort industry, media, and public officials. Today, the emphasis is even broader. It celebrates the kickoff of the summer tourism season. The special partnership continues today with a promotional focus on a host community as well as recreational opportunities statewide.
Watch here for story ideas and event updates.
- St. John’s University – The Bible
- Kayak Fishing – A Mississippi Pleasure
- Let Your Woes Be Gone
- There’s Granite in Them Hills
- Minnesota 13
- MN Fishing Museum
- Jailhouse Rocks
- Pandolfo’s Pantown
- Drink Up
- Love Blooms
- Beaver Island Brewing Company – Taste the Mississippi
- Quarry Park – A Travel Channel “Top 10 Swimming Hole”
- SCSU Bass Fishing Club Continues to Grow
- Clear Waters Outfitting Bronze Back Classic Fishing Tournament
- 2015 Best Performing Small City – St. Cloud, MN
- Top 20 Arts Vibrant Medium and Small Communities
- 2017 Fishing Opener Photo Gallery, Mississippi River, Greater St. Cloud Area